Tuesday 4 March 2014

The Bug Has Bitten

At long last I feel ready to sew again .
I have not felt inclined to while the days were so dark and dreary.
I'm using my blue stash to make a bed quilt .It will be 3" strips .
I have put together 16 strips up to now , I'm aiming for 32 or more if needed .
I'm using pieces left over from other projects so it will be a freebie as far as the top goes . I have bought the backing . The batting is from my batting stash ,paid for sometime in the past.
I shall put an applique band across the top to add a bit more interest .
 
From the off cuts of cutting the 3" strips I have a stars and kites strippy quilt ready to make next .
Power to my elbow



3 comments:

Elizabethd said...

I love blue and white. Will wait to see the finished top!

Angela said...

Such lovely colours- do they remind you of summer skies in Cyprus??

margaret said...

your trip to Portugal did the trick and got you going again. The blue strips look so good a great way to use up leftovers,