Monday 26 August 2013

I said

I would show you some of the quilts that caught my eye when we went to the NEC, Festival of Quilts .
 
I was very taken with the colourful Art Quilts .


Sometimes it's good to break away from tradition.

I always enjoy pictures or quilts that depict houses or buildings

Pretty colours in this one . I can imagine the owner maker in a world of her own rooting through her fabric

This is the first one of a few quilts I will show you . A very interesting Indian lady was in charge of this booth . She explained to us how the ladies from a village made these quilts using only rag and fabric from old clothes or rag they found on rubbish sites . They have no machines , just a needle that is cherished and thread where they can find it .
The quilts are not for sale . In my eyes they are beautiful and priceless . I shall put the rest of these quilts on tomorrow .

2 comments:

Elizabethd said...

What a fascinating collection.

Barb Oaker said...

Each one is breathtaking in its own way. I especially love the one made by the Indian women...what a treasure from castoffs!! I look forward to seeing the other quilts these women made. Thank you for posting...Barb