Friday 23 August 2013

I have been missing from my blog for about 3 weeks . Reason being my family have been visiting .
This is my daughter in law Alison who decided she wanted to learn something new so we settled for crazy patchwork .
She got the hang of it very quickly , bright girl, and decided to make a bag from a Lynette Anderson book I had bought at the quilt show .
The piece with the cat and dog on it are the front flap of the bag . By now I should imagine it has been sitting proudly on her shoulder .
Tomorrow hopefully I will have time to show the quilts that took my fancy at the NEC Festival of quilts .
Now I'm off to sit quietly with some chocolate in my hot little hand  .




These last 2 pics,. were for another blog but popped up unannounced . I dare not cancel them in case the whole lot disappears .
 
I was making red onion chutney , and a pic,. of my most recent orchid .


5 comments:

Caz said...

I am hoping to make that bag soon!

Barb said...

Love the bags....and sounds like you are having an awfully fun time with your visitors...

Scrappy quilter said...

Love the bag!

Barb Oaker said...

So happy to hear you had a wonderful visit! The bag turned out great. Take care!

Chris H said...

Your Daughter-in-Law looks lovely. Well done on the sewing projects girls.