Friday 14 June 2013

I'm such a lucky sew and sew

 I have had such a happy day
Silver sewer came to have lunch with me after leaving her car at the garage for it's MOT . She bought these pretty white Alstromeria flowers for me . So pretty sitting on my desk . I'm not sure of the spelling but it's near enough .
Then more happiness , Elaine had been to a  machine embroidery workshop , she had several pieces to show me . She had done this orange butterfly for me knowing I like the colour orange and butterflies .
This last few days I have had a Magpie parading around my garden . Do they say one for sorrow ? Oh dear!! Perhaps if I say good morning Mr magpie all will be well .
We have had such a lot of rain for two days . Peonies are dashed to the ground  , Lettuce seeds I put in must have been washed away .But I have two bridal bushes that look superb . I noticed a hole in the coleus , out came the slug pellets . I don't like using them but I cannot let my hard work in the garden be gobbled up overnight .


3 comments:

Caz said...

Pretty embroidery,, what machine was it done on? Like the flowers,, not sure of the spelling or the pronounciation.

Piece by Piece said...

Love the butterfly, and your flowers.
Patricia

O meu pensamento viaja said...

I love the butterfly!
xoxo
Nina