Wednesday 17 August 2011

Dripping a drop at a time



This is my heath robinson set up for letting my crab apples drain overnight . The cloths are hanging on my ironing board .


The tree is a new one this year , it yield 15 1/2 lbs of crab apples . Non for the birds this year from this tree but if they look in my back garden I shall leave the crab apples on that tree .


This is the latest little creature to take up residence in my garden









And here , another one come out of the border to sunbathe .

6 comments:

MyCretanlife said...

What are you making with your crab apples? your garden must be a haven for the local wildlife. I saw 2 lizards in our courtyard today.

Elizabethd said...

Your jelly is going to be lovely! My bags drip around the kitchen overnight, and it is so good to see the ruby red juice ready to be made into jelly.

Pokey said...

You must have this yummy dripping happening in a room where the pets cannot lap it up, lol!
Fun to see the outside animals!
:-}pokey

Scrappy quilter said...

What a novel idea. I would have never thought of that. Hugs

Angela said...

I love your jelly bag hangers!
blessings x

Rose H (UK) said...

Your jelly bag hangers are a good idea!
Is your new neighbour the hedgehog out in daylight? If he is it most certainly needs help. They are strictly noctunal. If you see him out again please get in touch with The British Hedgehog Preservation Society for local help 01564 890 801. I have three regular hoggy visitors and feed them every night.
Love the frog too - we have 3 in the pond this year.
Best wishes
Rose H