Friday 22 April 2011

The balmy Days



This morning the call came !! The bluebells are in flower , garden centre first for the red geraniums , bluebells next . Yes , maam .

Off we go and the bluebells were indeed a sight to see . We duly took photo,s that are identical to last year .






On the way back home we passed a lilac bush that grows by the wayside . Each time we pass it I long to bring some home . Today was the day . Bluebell stopped so I could have some . This is just 3 stems .My hall smells wonderful . This bush is just growing wild . How did it get there on the edge of a field . was it thrown away with garden rubbish . It is the most magnifecent specimen .

At the garden centre last week we saw lilac bushes £24 . I have never seen one in a cultivated garden as handsome as this .


5 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

I can almost smell the lilac from here and have been tempted to buy one for our garden. Bluebells are among my favourite wild flowers and I do miss them so much. Just to walk down a leafy lane with the banks full of bluebells just has to be the best thing in the world. Happy Easter.

Scrappy quilter said...

I love the smell of lilacs in our home when they come out. Won't be for awhile yet. Hope you have a wonderful Easter. Hugs

Chris H said...

Wow what gorgeous flowers!
I love the lilac bush flowers.. can't say I've ever seen them before.

Chris H said...

I make dozens of the hearts in differing sizes... sew smaller ones on top of bigger ones... flip over and CUT out another small heart from the back of the bigger heart... repeat over and over again, mixing up the hearts... then cut them down the middle and join them up with other ones that are different!.. then put them on a backing block... and off ya go!
Must read blogs? Sheesh there are far too many to even start.
But: got to http://sewitsfinished.blogspot.com, where you will find a group of us sewers who have joined forces to try and finsih off all our UFO's!

Chris H said...

OH! and a really good blog I just found is: http://welshquilter.blogspot.com

She is amazing!