Monday 28 February 2011

Painted silk


I painted this piece of silk a while ago but have not decided what to do with it . Frame or sew to make a cushion . I feel I shall probably have it framed .
I mentioned in a blog last week I love anything with houses or buildings on .
Several years ago I went to an art class at an adult education centre . I think I went about three times but was rather miffed because the teacher kept putting his personal touch on my painting that meant it wasn,t my design anymore .
I much preferred my own style but it wasn,t correct enough for him , pooh !!!
I usually find bits of my painted fabric when searching for other things .
Monday is the day bluebell and myself go grocery shopping but today we did a bit of rooting around in a couple of charity shops . I bought several mens shirts . I am making a shirt quilt at present . It is looking good so I thought I would re,stock with shirting .
Exremely cold today .

6 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Well, it's certainly too good to keep in a drawer. You did an excellent job with your silk painting and I'm sure you will find a use for it. It would certainly make a good picture.

Judy Hartman said...

This is a beautiful silk painting, Kathleen! I agree - I would definitely frame it!
Oh, I do know what you mean about instructors changing your work to teach you something - very annoying! Better to suggest changes and let you make them yourself if you want to!
Your shirt quilt sounds interesting!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Kathleen. I do see it in my mind's eye with quilting around the houses before you frame it. Now, that teacher....shame on him!
Hugs, Diane

Elizabethd said...

Your painting is so lovely.
I read that the price of cotton is soaring, so you'd better buy up those cotton shirts!

Anonymous said...

Kathleen, thanks for stopping by! To answer your question about "what is a Cuttlebug machine?" Here:
http://www.provocraft.com/products/index.products.php?cl=cuttlebug

It's a hand-turned machine that cuts shapes and embosses with various shapes of dies. There are other kinds also made by Cricut, Sizzix, etc.
We are all having so much fun with them! They are mostly for paper crafting. I made all of the paper flowers on my blog with my Cuttlebug flower dies.
Uh-oh...another craft tool for you! ;-) I can see you and Bluebell having fun with it together.
Hugs, Diane

Judit said...

Hi Kathleen It is a wonderful painted silk! what are you going to do it?
I hope, you are well! Hugs: Judit