Tuesday 18 January 2011

It,s OFFICIAL


Listening to the East Midlands news at 6 o/clock last night the newsreader said it is now official , Leicester is the first city with a white minority .
This is what I call social injustice . Leicester was known ( albeit many years ago ) as one of the richest and cleanest cities .
It is now scruffy , empty buildings and very mis,managed . It is a very multi cultural city . Not a place to frequent at night .
Shop assistants are very polite and helpful . On the whole the staff in hospitals are caring , but it still does not make everything right .

5 comments:

Elizabethd said...

That is a frightening statistic.

sweet blondie blue eyes said...

We have seen this happening over a long period of time, one of the reasons we alft leicester and moved to Scotland.

The multi national population will only go where there is work.

One thing that used to drive me nutty was ringing the local council who employed a number of the ethnic population, it was almost impossible to understand them or in some cases them to understand you and your requirements.

Sarah Jane said...

I think I read some time back that it was a 'race' (if you'll pardon the pun) between Birmingham and Leicester as to which city achieved this status first. Having moved to a different country myself, I would not dare comment!

Micki said...

It is a shame that you city is having problems. I can see how upset you are!
Micki

Wendy said...

I don't think that is social injustice. I'm not commenting from somewhere far away either, I live in Nottingham (in a VERY multi-cultural area) and work in Leicestershire. It's unfair to tar ethnic majorities (!) with the same brush, they're not the reason the city is grotty and run down, it has been as long as i can remember. There are good and bad people with white skin, black skin and asian skin. I know that a lot of the people who litter, steal cars, graffiti, hang around on street corners in my area are white.