Wednesday 14 October 2009

Watercolour

This is a watercolour bed quilt is depicting the four seasons of the year . All my watercolour quilts are made from 2" squares . This quilt was made of several blocks before joining them altogether . the red tree has summer coloured flowers, the green tree spring, the blue tree is winter , and the brown autumn . T o get a diverse amount of colour and pattern for the watercolour effect I had to use furnishing fabrics as well as regular patchwork fabric.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Dear friend, this one is amazing!! Stunning comes to mind too.

Beedeebabee said...

I think this is one of the prettiest quilts I've ever seen in my life! You are so talented! Hugs, Paulette ;)

Nina Lise@Mrs Moen said...

This quilt is just beautiful! I first thought it was 4 different quilts, and then I saw the picture of the whole quilt. WOW!